After graduating from Reed College in with a degree in philosophy,  Bresnan earned her doctorate in linguistics in at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology ,  where she studied with Noam Chomsky. Her dissatisfaction with transformational grammar led her to collaborate with Kaplan on a new theoretical framework, Lexical-Functional Grammar or LFG.
- SCIMITAR - Publications;
- Library Hub Discover.
- Functional Perspectives on Grammar and Discourse: In Honour of Angela Downing - Google Livros.
- Tales From a One-Alley Town?
She has also worked on analyses in optimality theory , and has pursued statistical approaches to linguistics. She has a strong interest in linguistic typology , which has influenced the development of LFG.
- On The Way Home (Others in Space Book 1).
- Economic Spaces of Pastoral Production and Commodity Systems: Markets and Livelihoods (Ashgate Economic Geography Series)?
- The victory in the Metsis.
- Citações por ano.
- Terrorism and Communication: A Critical Introduction.
- Un Monde disparu (French Edition)?
- Curious Unions: Mexican American Workers and Resistance in Oxnard, California, 1898-1961 (Race and Ethnicity in the American West).
- Coming Home: Saskatchewan Remembered.
- 7 Creative Models for Community Ministry.
- 4. The verbal predicate?
She served as the president of the Linguistic Society of America in During periods in she visited Freiburg for collaborative research as an External Fellow at the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies. She was elected a Fellow of the Cognitive Science Society in She was elected as a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy in In addition to Dr. Bresnan's current position at Stanford, she has also taught at University of Massachusetts at Amherst and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a member of the faculty.
Bresnan wrote an informal and somewhat humorous account of her career and works for her ACL Lifetime Achievement Award .
Verbal Periphrases in a Functional Grammar of Spanish
As of December 16, , Stanford lists forty-four books and papers that Bresnan has either authored or co-authored since An incomplete selection of her particularly influential works appears below. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Prices do not include postage and handling if applicable.
Free shipping for non-business customers when ordering books at De Gruyter Online. Please find details to our shipping fees here.
The Structure of the Clause
Print Flyer Recommend to Librarian. Get Access to Full Text. Table of contents.
The Architecture of a Functional Discourse Grammar. Functional Grammar from its inception. Behind the scenes: Cognition and Functional Discourse Grammar.
Focus of attention in discourse. The complementarity of the process and pattern interpretations of Functional Grammar.
Functional Discourse Grammar and language production. Comment clauses, Functional Discourse Grammar and the grammar-discourse interface.